Wednesday, September 19, 2007

City Lights

Tonight we tried out a new restaurant in Central (Colonial) Quito. The view shown above is facing North into the city and had spectacular views. The two peaked greenish looking building in the center of the photo is the National Basilica, which I have featured a few different times, but particularly in this shot where you see one of the two twin clock towers. I am a little disappointed in the fact that it was a bit foggy, because when we first arrived it was clear as could be but I waited to take photos until after dinner. Ah well, now I'll just have to go back again!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Lovely plan, to return to take another great photo. I really like this one--it reminds me of quilt.

• Eliane • said...

It is a very beautiful shot. I spotted it on the portal where it looks as if it was taken from the cockpit of a plane landing. Great pic!

pusa said...

the photo still looks spectacular, foggy or not

kc + said...

I think the fog is lovely. It kind of adds to the magical/dreamy feel of the scene.

btw - I'm so glad you're back! I missed your posts all summer.