Friday, April 27, 2007


This is not a very captivating photo, but I wanted to show yet another rain forest shot. These are cocoa beans which we roasted, peeled, ground, cooked, mixed with stuff and made into a chocolate sauce in which to dip big juicy red grapes. The beans didn't come from this particular area, but from a neighboring town. While I do have photos from beginning to end, will just show you this one. Incidentally, along the drive to the beach we literally see thousands upon thousands of beans spread out alongside the road to roast in the sun and you can see how they vary in their roasting stage depending on the color of the bean (more here and here). Sort of makes you wonder how it can taste so good after baking on the road all day with lots of cars zooming past and spewing their exhaust. Anyway, I guess it's one of those things you just can't think about right? After all, who in their right mind wants to suck the joy out of chocolate???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting information. Neat photography.

I posted information about codes that might interest you.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Kala said...

I do!!! haha I love chocolate everything - jus ate some chocolate vanilla ice cream yummie and to read your post, makes me want more =)

blueboat said...

looks amazing - does it taste really good?